Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
'Future of Farming Dialogue 2017'
Bayer: Global seed and crop protection market will continue to grow
Bayer is convinced that the long-term trends in the global agricultural sector will remain unchanged. “Despite the current market volatility, our Crop Science business is properly positioned to fulfill the future needs of customer, market and society,” said Liam Condon, Bayer Management Board member and President of the Crop Science Division, during his presentation on Tuesday at the company’s Future of Farming Dialogue 2017 on September 18-20.
This event brought thought leaders and stakeholders from across the agricultural industry together to highlight the need for various groups – including industry, government, academic and NGO representatives and from both the public and private sectors – to cooperate to make the world’s food system more sustainable and fit for the future.
“The global seed and crop protection market remains volatile in 2017 after the previous weak year,” Condon noted. However, high population growth, changing consumption patterns and increasing consumer demand for sustainably produced food will have a positive impact on food production, global agricultural trade and ultimately on farm income. “Those factors, combined with the steadily growing global demand for feed and bio-fuel feedstock, support a long-term increase in demand that will drive our business,” Condon pointed out.
Source: Bayer AG
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: