Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK grower attempting to grow the worlds largest cabbage
A giant vegetable grower has got his sights set on the record for the heaviest green cabbage ever grown.
David Thomas from Cornwall already holds three world records for other giant vegetables, but the heaviest green cabbage has eluded him.
The current giant cabbage record holder was grown in Alaska in 2012.
He will find out if his latest effort has surpassed the 62kg (138lb) record at the National Giant Vegetables Championship in Malvern, Worcestershire, on Friday.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: