Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Saturday will see first shipment of blueberries from Tucuman
On Saturday night, the first shipment of blueberries from the Benjamín Matienzo airport will take place. This was announced by the association of local producers and the Institute for Productive Development of Tucumán (IDEP).
Although the first flight was not officiated, the sectoral working board, composed of exporting companies and authorities, is already preparing for the weekend's commercial operation.
According to reports, 2017 exports from Tucumán will begin with a small cargo (50 tons), taking into account the capacity of the current local airfield, following the infrastructure works carried out in the last two years. In 2016 the loading platform was built; while the reconstruction of the central runway was carried out between June and August of this year.
It is expected that stocks will increase as the weeks go by.
"The export campaign will start early, compared to previous years, since it had begun during the first days of October. Except for last year, which started at the end of September," said Fernando Martorell, IDEP's Foreign Trade coordinator.
Tucuman exported a total of 5,411 tons of blueberries the 2016 season. The load surpassed the historical record, which in 2014 was 4,300 tons, which meant 60% more than was exported in all of 2015, according to data from the national transport ministry.
"Today the conditions to overcome the previous results were given," said Martorell, who pointed out that last year 67% of flights were made during the day.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: