Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Death linked to salmonella outbreak in papayas reported in California
A death in California was linked to papayas that were packed in Tijuana, Mexico and imported to the U.S. by Bravo Produce Inc. of San Ysidro. The papayas were shipped to wholesale markets in California and other states between August 10 and August 29, 2017.
The outbreak has hit mostly Hispanic communities. Consumers have been advised to throw out papayas if they are not sure where it is from, the CDC said.
The Salmonella outbreak is linked to Maradol papayas from several regions in Mexico, including Campeche, Colima, Jalisco, and Baja California.
There have been recalls for Caribeña papayas (Grande Produce), Cavipapayas (Agrosons), Valery papayas (Freshtex Produce), and Frutas Selectas (Bravo Produce).
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: