Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Death linked to salmonella outbreak in papayas reported in California
A death in California was linked to papayas that were packed in Tijuana, Mexico and imported to the U.S. by Bravo Produce Inc. of San Ysidro. The papayas were shipped to wholesale markets in California and other states between August 10 and August 29, 2017.
The outbreak has hit mostly Hispanic communities. Consumers have been advised to throw out papayas if they are not sure where it is from, the CDC said.
The Salmonella outbreak is linked to Maradol papayas from several regions in Mexico, including Campeche, Colima, Jalisco, and Baja California.
There have been recalls for Caribeña papayas (Grande Produce), Cavipapayas (Agrosons), Valery papayas (Freshtex Produce), and Frutas Selectas (Bravo Produce).
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: