Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Death linked to salmonella outbreak in papayas reported in California
A death in California was linked to papayas that were packed in Tijuana, Mexico and imported to the U.S. by Bravo Produce Inc. of San Ysidro. The papayas were shipped to wholesale markets in California and other states between August 10 and August 29, 2017.
The outbreak has hit mostly Hispanic communities. Consumers have been advised to throw out papayas if they are not sure where it is from, the CDC said.
The Salmonella outbreak is linked to Maradol papayas from several regions in Mexico, including Campeche, Colima, Jalisco, and Baja California.
There have been recalls for Caribeña papayas (Grande Produce), Cavipapayas (Agrosons), Valery papayas (Freshtex Produce), and Frutas Selectas (Bravo Produce).
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: