Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Traceability checks on avocados in La Palma due to theft
On the morning of Tuesday this week, inspectors of the General Directorate of Agriculture and of the Canary Institute of Agro-Food Quality (ICCA) of the Government of the Canary Islands, accompanied by agents of the Nature Protection Service (Seprona) of the Guardia Civil, have carried out various inspections on La Palma fruit operators, requesting information on traceability, registration of agricultural production and hygiene of the production, taking also samples to check whether the fruit is fit to be marketed, as reported by the aforementioned regional department in a press release.
These inspections follow a request from producers on the island, who have reported the theft of avocados in recent days. The goal is to keep an eye on the volumes produced and monitor their entry into the marketing channels.
The General Director of Agriculture, César Martín, stated that "since these incidents were reported to us, we have informed the Seprona about the situation and have mobilised our inspectors to cooperate with the security forces and help put an end to these practices."
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: