Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
From Feb 2018
Italy: Origin of tomatoes on the label
Just as with milk, durum wheat and rice, Italy wants the origin of tomatoes to be shown on the label of products containing processed tomatoes.
The Minister of Agriculture Maurizo Martina announced that he would submit a new bill together with the Minister of Economic Development, Carlo Calende.
Since the beginning of this year, labels of domestic dairy products have to include the origin of the milk, in Italy. The new labelling law requiring labels to contain the origin of rice, wheat and semolina in pasta products, have been reported to the EU. The corresponding bills have already passed and the law will apply from February 2018.
Martina stated the desire for greater transparency and the ability of consumers to make better choices as reasons for the new initiative. The Italian tomato processing industry is struggling with tomato shortages due to the bad harvest caused by the weather this season.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: