Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Storm destroys banana crop worth $280k in Nepal
According to District Agriculture Development Office (DADO), banana crop worth US $279,959 was destroyed by rainfall and thunderstorm in Rupandehi, Nepal.
Ghanashyam Chaudhary, a horticulture development officer with DADO Rupandehi, said recent rainfall and storm damaged the banana crop spread over 25 hectare.
The storm of last Tuesday damaged most of the banana crop in Bethari, Hatibangai and Gaidahawa, according to Chaudhary. “Around 80 families, who were involved in banana farming, had to face loss ahead of the major festive season due to rainfall and storm,” he added.
The farmers have requested DADO Rupandehi officers to take needful initiative for providing compensation to them. However, Chaudhary of DADO Rupandehi, told Rpublica that the district office do not have relief fund. “We have send details of the damage to the Ministry of Agriculture and the Department of Agriculture, requesting the ministry to compensate farmers for the loss,” he added.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: