Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Storm destroys banana crop worth $280k in Nepal
According to District Agriculture Development Office (DADO), banana crop worth US $279,959 was destroyed by rainfall and thunderstorm in Rupandehi, Nepal.
Ghanashyam Chaudhary, a horticulture development officer with DADO Rupandehi, said recent rainfall and storm damaged the banana crop spread over 25 hectare.
The storm of last Tuesday damaged most of the banana crop in Bethari, Hatibangai and Gaidahawa, according to Chaudhary. “Around 80 families, who were involved in banana farming, had to face loss ahead of the major festive season due to rainfall and storm,” he added.
The farmers have requested DADO Rupandehi officers to take needful initiative for providing compensation to them. However, Chaudhary of DADO Rupandehi, told Rpublica that the district office do not have relief fund. “We have send details of the damage to the Ministry of Agriculture and the Department of Agriculture, requesting the ministry to compensate farmers for the loss,” he added.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: