Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sixth part in the German series: "FAKT: ist"
BVE – New publication on food export
The Federation of the German Food and Drink Industry, (BVE, Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Ernährungsindustrie) has presented the sixth part in their informative series FAKT: ist. This new edition covers the importance of the export of food.
It also explains the rules, opportunities and challenges in the food industry and highlights various possibilities for export promotion. What is more, it explains why old myths about competition disrupting export aids, should be put out to pasture.
“Especially now, small and middle sized companies should use export as an important strategy. This can secure their existence in the increasingly complex trade. Export not only ensures stability and jobs in Germany; it also offers the German consumers diversity and value for money. This was confirmed by the recently published BMEL report ‘Agrarexporte 2017’. And we willingly believe, with the Federal Minster of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) Christian Schmidt, that we need the right political conditions in order to facilitate companies to find an entrance into new and powerful markets. We are committed to creating these conditions!” explained the BVE Chief Executive Officer Christoph Minhoff.
In their series “FAKT: ist“ (German for “The fact is”) the BVE regularly publishes about food related subjects that affect the industry, politics, civil society and the general public, and contributes to a fact-based explanation and discussion.
The food industry has over 580,000 employees and 5,940 companies the third largest industry in Germany. This industry is responsible for the supply of reliable and safe high-quality products for 81 million consumers. What is more, with an export ratio of 33%, it is clear that consumers all over the world value German products.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: