Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Sixth part in the German series: "FAKT: ist"
BVE – New publication on food export
The Federation of the German Food and Drink Industry, (BVE, Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Ernährungsindustrie) has presented the sixth part in their informative series FAKT: ist. This new edition covers the importance of the export of food.
It also explains the rules, opportunities and challenges in the food industry and highlights various possibilities for export promotion. What is more, it explains why old myths about competition disrupting export aids, should be put out to pasture.
“Especially now, small and middle sized companies should use export as an important strategy. This can secure their existence in the increasingly complex trade. Export not only ensures stability and jobs in Germany; it also offers the German consumers diversity and value for money. This was confirmed by the recently published BMEL report ‘Agrarexporte 2017’. And we willingly believe, with the Federal Minster of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) Christian Schmidt, that we need the right political conditions in order to facilitate companies to find an entrance into new and powerful markets. We are committed to creating these conditions!” explained the BVE Chief Executive Officer Christoph Minhoff.
In their series “FAKT: ist“ (German for “The fact is”) the BVE regularly publishes about food related subjects that affect the industry, politics, civil society and the general public, and contributes to a fact-based explanation and discussion.
The food industry has over 580,000 employees and 5,940 companies the third largest industry in Germany. This industry is responsible for the supply of reliable and safe high-quality products for 81 million consumers. What is more, with an export ratio of 33%, it is clear that consumers all over the world value German products.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: