Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Nayarit to ship avocados to Dubai in October
Next October, Dubai could receive the first 18 tonne shipment of avocados grown in Nayarit by producers supported by the National Institute of Social Economy (INAES).
Juan Carlos Ibarra, purchasing manager at La Casa del Aguacate, explained that at the moment a representative is closing the negotiations to export his product.
La Casa del Aguacate is one of the 400 companies that took part in the Third National Fair of the Social Economy, opened last Thursday by the director general of INAES, Narcedalia Ram?rez, in the Bicentennial Park of Mexico City.
Three years after this company was established, it is already exporting approximately 9 thousand tonnes of the fruit per season to countries like Japan, Spain, Canada, the Netherlands and Singapore.
Ibarra commented that, back in 2015, he and a partner decided to start a company to support the cultivation of Nayarita avocados, which did not have access to a good market.
We were taken to training courses in Michoacan, where a lot of avocados are exported, and we wondered why we could not do the same ourselves.
"We two started to call the producers. They said we were crazy, that Nayarit could not export fruits," commented the producer.
La Casa del Aguacate is currently made up of seven avocado producers' organizations in Nayarit.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: