Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Nayarit to ship avocados to Dubai in October
Next October, Dubai could receive the first 18 tonne shipment of avocados grown in Nayarit by producers supported by the National Institute of Social Economy (INAES).
Juan Carlos Ibarra, purchasing manager at La Casa del Aguacate, explained that at the moment a representative is closing the negotiations to export his product.
La Casa del Aguacate is one of the 400 companies that took part in the Third National Fair of the Social Economy, opened last Thursday by the director general of INAES, Narcedalia Ram?rez, in the Bicentennial Park of Mexico City.
Three years after this company was established, it is already exporting approximately 9 thousand tonnes of the fruit per season to countries like Japan, Spain, Canada, the Netherlands and Singapore.
Ibarra commented that, back in 2015, he and a partner decided to start a company to support the cultivation of Nayarita avocados, which did not have access to a good market.
We were taken to training courses in Michoacan, where a lot of avocados are exported, and we wondered why we could not do the same ourselves.
"We two started to call the producers. They said we were crazy, that Nayarit could not export fruits," commented the producer.
La Casa del Aguacate is currently made up of seven avocado producers' organizations in Nayarit.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: