- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spain: Young people prefer carton or wood packaging for fruit & veg
The Manufactures and Distributors’ Association Aecoc has detected, thanks to its recent study “Potential of millennials as shoppers of fruit and vegetables”, that “young people from 18 to 35 years old opt for a sustainable packaging because they consider that they are benefiting the environment”.
Other data extracted from the study are that almost half of millennials “consume local produce and neighborhood grocery stores and traditional markets are gaining prominence”, and that only 13% usually buys fruit and vegetables from online stores.
One of the main conclusions of the study is that “for this generation to increase their fruit and vegetables’ consumption, there should be more presence of healthy products, individual formats, more sustainable packaging and a greater supply of organic products but always taking care of its price”.
Source: Ideal Almería / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes
- 09/05/2018 California grape grower announces launch of top seal packaging
- 09/05/2018 Ellips-Elisam takes over JDC's optical sorter sales activities
- 09/04/2018 First compostable top seal strawberry punnet launched
- 08/31/2018 Pouch bag for watermelon slices launched
- 08/30/2018 Quimas launches modified atmosphere and SO2 bags
- 08/29/2018 Crate labels: Marketing tools become American art