Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Young people prefer carton or wood packaging for fruit & vegAccording to a study by Aecoc, the most popular options, in terms of packaging, among millennials when it comes to buying fruit and vegetables are carton and wood.
The Manufactures and Distributors’ Association Aecoc has detected, thanks to its recent study “Potential of millennials as shoppers of fruit and vegetables”, that “young people from 18 to 35 years old opt for a sustainable packaging because they consider that they are benefiting the environment”.
Other data extracted from the study are that almost half of millennials “consume local produce and neighborhood grocery stores and traditional markets are gaining prominence”, and that only 13% usually buys fruit and vegetables from online stores.
One of the main conclusions of the study is that “for this generation to increase their fruit and vegetables’ consumption, there should be more presence of healthy products, individual formats, more sustainable packaging and a greater supply of organic products but always taking care of its price”.
Source: Ideal Almería / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: