Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Young people prefer carton or wood packaging for fruit & vegAccording to a study by Aecoc, the most popular options, in terms of packaging, among millennials when it comes to buying fruit and vegetables are carton and wood.
The Manufactures and Distributors’ Association Aecoc has detected, thanks to its recent study “Potential of millennials as shoppers of fruit and vegetables”, that “young people from 18 to 35 years old opt for a sustainable packaging because they consider that they are benefiting the environment”.
Other data extracted from the study are that almost half of millennials “consume local produce and neighborhood grocery stores and traditional markets are gaining prominence”, and that only 13% usually buys fruit and vegetables from online stores.
One of the main conclusions of the study is that “for this generation to increase their fruit and vegetables’ consumption, there should be more presence of healthy products, individual formats, more sustainable packaging and a greater supply of organic products but always taking care of its price”.
Source: Ideal Almería / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: