Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch processor SVZ setting up fruit and veg collection centre in Ukraine
The Dutch company SVZ, specialised in fruit and vegetable processing and one of the world's largest producers of juices, will set up a fruit and vegetable collection centre in Ukraine. This decision was reported by the head of the Department of Agronomy Nico de Groot during the visit of Ukrainian producers to the Tomaszów Lubelskie plant (in Poland).
At present, SVZ is interested in purchasing raw materials in Ukraine. The company is especially interested in strawberries, raspberries, cherries and carrots, among other products. Recently, SVZ has already bought significant quantities of products such as forest berries, melons and watermelons in Ukraine.
According to firm representatives, the company is actively exploring more potential markets, and in August it considered increasing its number of suppliers, including some in Ukraine. Representatives of SVZ are now planning to visit some farms devoted to the production of raspberries, because it is the crop they are currently most interested in.
Ultimately, the company is not planning to build a factory in Ukraine itself, since its branch in Poland is relatively close, but SVZ is very interested in Ukrainian fruits and vegetables.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: