Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Tasmanian growers adding value for export
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Start of Spanish mango season causes prices to increase"
The start of the mango season in Spain causes prices to be higher than at any other time of the year. However, there are other producing countries that can supply this fruit practically all year round, and for that reason prices remain stable and "more competitive. Two customers, one from Italy and another from the Maldives, have placed orders for our product, but with the prices in Spain, it is impossible to close any deals," stated Joaquín Caparrós.
At the moment, "I am waiting for the customers to make a decision, since the prices offered by the two producers are very different." However, "getting hold of a good cheap product is complicated; you always have to pay for quality," adds Caparrós. At the moment, the starting price for mangoes in Mexico is 14.50 Euro for the 4 kilo box, compared to the 6.50 Euro per kilo in Peru. "You must also take into account the conditions under which the product is offered, if the box is included, etc."
For more information:
Tel.: +34 634804035
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: