Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Start of Spanish mango season causes prices to increase"
The start of the mango season in Spain causes prices to be higher than at any other time of the year. However, there are other producing countries that can supply this fruit practically all year round, and for that reason prices remain stable and "more competitive. Two customers, one from Italy and another from the Maldives, have placed orders for our product, but with the prices in Spain, it is impossible to close any deals," stated Joaquín Caparrós.
At the moment, "I am waiting for the customers to make a decision, since the prices offered by the two producers are very different." However, "getting hold of a good cheap product is complicated; you always have to pay for quality," adds Caparrós. At the moment, the starting price for mangoes in Mexico is 14.50 Euro for the 4 kilo box, compared to the 6.50 Euro per kilo in Peru. "You must also take into account the conditions under which the product is offered, if the box is included, etc."
For more information:
Tel.: +34 634804035
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: