Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jel Sert switches to CHEP Half Pallets
Jel Sert has upgraded from the recycled half pallets it used to ship 100,000 cases of product annually to some of the biggest retailers in the world. The recycled pallets, with their inconsistent quality and unappealing appearance, led to product damage and customer complaints they report.
To address the issue, Jel Sert called on CHEP. Working together, the two teams agreed on a solution: CHEP’s pooled (shared) 40x24-inch half pallets for product transport and retail display.
“CHEP continues to be a strategic partner in providing multi-faceted solutions in the most cost-efficient manner to meet our supply chain challenges,” said Michael Martinez, Vice President of Customer Service & Distribution at Jel Sert. “CHEP’s half pallet completes the professional appearance of our products, and shows as a display-ready pallet for our retailers.”
In addition, Jel Sert’s utilization of CHEP pallets has eliminated product damage and customer complaints within the last two years. By implementing both CHEP shared block pallets and half pallets, Jel Sert claims to have strengthened its sustainability program by avoiding 100,000 pounds of CO2 and nearly 130,000 pounds of solid waste.
“Building a more efficient and sustainable supply chain is what CHEP is all about,” said Todd Hoff, Vice President of Marketing and Customer Solutions, CHEP North America. “As this project proved, innovative solutions and a better supply chain are not possible without strong collaboration between trading partners.”
CHEP North America
Tel: +1 678 325 8592
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: