Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatar-Pakistan ag trade set to increase with Hamad Port opening
With the newly-opened Hamad Port starting direct shipping links to Karachi and other ports in Pakistan, Qatar-Pakistan bilateral trade volume is set to witness a major boost in the coming days.
The bilateral economic relations is expected to get further expanded and deepen largely driven by merchandise trade as private companies from both sides are exploring trade and investment opportunities aggressively.
“With the direct shipping lines from Hamad Port with several ports in India and Pakistan, we are now in a position to bring more items in huge quantities in bigger vessels. We have also identified new goods, especially food items, to import from these agriculture dominated countries,” said a top official of a leading retail chain.
Qatar’s trade with Pakistan has already witnessed a sharp growth over the last few years. Bilateral trade volume reached QR2.8bn in 2016, while it was QR887m in 2015.
Qatar’s exports to Pakistan in 2016 touched QR2.5bn, whereas Pakistan’s exports to Qatar were only QR317.7m.
1 QR = 0.27 USD
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: