Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatar-Pakistan ag trade set to increase with Hamad Port opening
With the newly-opened Hamad Port starting direct shipping links to Karachi and other ports in Pakistan, Qatar-Pakistan bilateral trade volume is set to witness a major boost in the coming days.
The bilateral economic relations is expected to get further expanded and deepen largely driven by merchandise trade as private companies from both sides are exploring trade and investment opportunities aggressively.
“With the direct shipping lines from Hamad Port with several ports in India and Pakistan, we are now in a position to bring more items in huge quantities in bigger vessels. We have also identified new goods, especially food items, to import from these agriculture dominated countries,” said a top official of a leading retail chain.
Qatar’s trade with Pakistan has already witnessed a sharp growth over the last few years. Bilateral trade volume reached QR2.8bn in 2016, while it was QR887m in 2015.
Qatar’s exports to Pakistan in 2016 touched QR2.5bn, whereas Pakistan’s exports to Qatar were only QR317.7m.
1 QR = 0.27 USD
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: