Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ's Green Party wants to introduce origin labelling on food
Green Party leader James Shaw says it’s time for New Zealand to catch up with Australia.
"We all have a right to know where our food comes from and under what conditions it was produced," he said today.
"New Zealand has mandatory country of origin labelling for shoes and t-shirts, but not for food."
The labelling the Greens want to put in place would apply to single ingredient foods such as fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, nuts, grains and oils.
"Whether you're concerned about animal welfare, food miles, or you just want to support local food producers, the Green Party will make it easier to know what you're buying and eating," Mr Shaw said.
Mr Shaw says that under the current system it’s hard to tell when food really is locally produced.
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: