- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Soreli unity produces quality results
A good crop of quality Soreli fruit will be picked in Italy and Greece in the next few weeks.
The Soreli licensed marketers in Europe are phasing in the use of the Gesvatec labelling system which will be a mark of assurance of legality (a legal origin warranty) and a guide for the retail trade to purchase quality fruit picked at the correct maturity.
All legal Soreli producers have the right of access to the Gesvatec labelling system through licensed marketing companies and their associated packers.
Retailers and the Trade are encouraged to seek out Soreli fruit with the Gesvatec labels so as to ensure continuity of quality on the shelf.
Fruit packed by licensed marketers will adhere to minimum quality standards.
The following marketers are licensed to pack and market Soreli in the EU: Sofruileg - France, Kolios - Greece, KiwiCoop - Portugal and in Italy - Gullino, Ceradini, Quaranta, Mazzoni, Brero, Convi, Agricolibio (Organic), Fruilikiwi, OP Monte.
The Soreli is the earliest maturing yellow fleshed variety; under large scale commercial production, that opens the Northern Hemisphere marketing season.
Italian Soreli growers have seen excellent on farm returns over the past seven years and look to using the licensed marketing platforms to sustain these prices in the future.
Soreli is under licensed production in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Turkey, China, USA, Chile and South Africa.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 “The West consumes fruit, in the East fruit can also be a gift or an offering”
- 2018-11-20 “Belgian growers in dire straits, but entire European fruit sector is suffering”
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Agreement for marketing of the Tessa apple
- 2018-11-19 Vietnam: fruits coming from every country but Italy
- 2018-11-19 Didn't visit Interpoma 2018? Check the FreshPlaza photo gallery!
- 2018-11-14 Greeks extend European grape season
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Free apples handed out in Warsaw and Lublin
- 2018-11-12 First impressions on the Italian kiwi season
- 2018-11-09 India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- 2018-11-09 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-07 Large Moldovan fruit producer launches brand for apple exports
- 2018-11-07 Ukraine: Shortage drives pear prices up one a half times
- 2018-11-07 AU: Queensland research leads to new strawberry varieties
- 2018-11-07 Egypt’s agricultural exports up to 4.4 million tons
- 2018-11-07 New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- 2018-11-07 Premium apple varieties drive sales
- 2018-11-06 Good retail relationships and quality will carry South African grapes through the season
- 2018-11-06 Punjab Food Authority: Do not print pictures of fruit on packaging
- 2018-11-06 Chile: 4.2 percent decrease in apple exports 2018/19
- 2018-11-06 Canada: 14 percent increase in apple production for MY 2018/19