Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras to export up to 500 containers of okra this year
Felipe Méndez, one of the leading producers, indicated that so far this year about 200 containers have been exported to the international market to date, and this year they intend to exceed this figure.
Between 400 and 500 containers of okra are intended to be exported at the end of this year, according to producers from the South zone of the country.
Felipe Méndez, one of the producers indicated that so far this year about 200 containers have been exported to the international market to date, and this year they intend to exceed this figure.
He indicated that the winter has benefited the South region's okra production, as well as melon and watermelon.
In the case of melon it is worth mentioning that it has only been produced and exported for local consumption due to the tax burden being implemented.
The producer emphasized that in the case of watermelon there have been good harvests, as well as good fruit growth expectations.
Publication date: 9/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: