Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Goodwill & STIHL receive Excellence In Reusable Packaging Award
The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has announced that STIHL Inc. and Goodwill Industries International are the winners of the 2017 Excellence in Reusable Packaging award.
Two award categories were established in 2017: one to recognise for-profit companies and one to recognise non-profit or governmental organisations.
STIHL received the for-profit company award for their project to reduce waste, cost, material handling, and down-time while improving movement of in-house components within and between facilities through conversion from single-use corrugated boxes to reusable storage/transport containers.
Goodwill Industries International received the non-profit organisation award for their initiative to reduce product damage and cost while improving worker safety and warehouse utilisation through a standard footprint reusable pallet and sleeve system for bulk storage of donated items.
“This year, we received the highest number of applications since the award program was established in 2011,” said Tim Debus, President & CEO of the RPA. “The innovation reflected in all the entries was outstanding and the field was very competitive. However, the significant business and environmental results achieved by STIHL Inc. and Goodwill made their submissions stand out."
"Our judges cited the impressive impact demonstrated in multiple facets of their operations, including product movement, handling and storage, worker safety, operational efficiency, waste reduction, and cost savings across multiple facilities and geographies as key factors in their selection. We congratulate STIHL Inc. and Goodwill, and we commend and thank all the companies that submitted entries this year for making reusable transport packaging a centrepiece of their sustainability programs.”
For more information:
Reusable Packaging Association
Tel: +1 813 358 5327
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: