Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico dedicates a postage stamp to the avocado
For its contribution to development and the economy, the Mexican Postal Service, Correos de México, has dedicated a postage stamp to the avocado, "Mexico's Green Gold".
"The stamp has a 100 thousand piece circulation, was designed by Sergio Barranca Rábago and is available in all the country's postal offices," the agency said in a statement.
The stamp's cancellation was carried out at a ceremony attended by the corporate director of the Mexican Postal Service, Cristina Eudave Morán, representing the agency's general director, Sagarpa's owner, José Calzada Rovirosa, and the governor of Jalisco, Aristotle Sandoval.
The event, which took place in the municipality of Zapotlán el Grande, Secretary Calzada, highlighted the importance of avocados in our country, pointing out that in Jalisco alone there are 23 thousand hectares planted with the fruit which produces 140 thousand tons a year, of which it exports more than 69 thousand tons to 23 countries across the world," Correos de México added in the document.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: