Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico dedicates a postage stamp to the avocado
For its contribution to development and the economy, the Mexican Postal Service, Correos de México, has dedicated a postage stamp to the avocado, "Mexico's Green Gold".
"The stamp has a 100 thousand piece circulation, was designed by Sergio Barranca Rábago and is available in all the country's postal offices," the agency said in a statement.
The stamp's cancellation was carried out at a ceremony attended by the corporate director of the Mexican Postal Service, Cristina Eudave Morán, representing the agency's general director, Sagarpa's owner, José Calzada Rovirosa, and the governor of Jalisco, Aristotle Sandoval.
The event, which took place in the municipality of Zapotlán el Grande, Secretary Calzada, highlighted the importance of avocados in our country, pointing out that in Jalisco alone there are 23 thousand hectares planted with the fruit which produces 140 thousand tons a year, of which it exports more than 69 thousand tons to 23 countries across the world," Correos de México added in the document.
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: