Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Takeover of Kenyan perishable forwarders approved with conditions
Kenya’s competition watchdog has approved “with conditions” the takeover of two specialist perishables forwarders in the African country by European logistics giants Kuehne+Nagel (K+N) and Panalpina.
The Competition Authority of Kenya has approved the acquisition of Air Connection by Panalpina Airflo, Panalpina Airflo and Panalpina Kenya, but ordered the acquirers to retain at least 95% of the employees of Air Connection for at least one year after the transaction's completion date.
The competition authority has imposed a similar condition on K+N’s takeover of Trillvane Ltd, again stating that the purchasers “shall retain employees of the Trillvane for at least one year after the date of completion of the transaction”.
When Panalpina announced its Air Connection deal, chief executive Stefan Karlenstated: “The acquisition of Air Connection will strengthen our existing global Perishables Network and our position as the clear market leader in the perishables arena in Kenya.
“Air Connection is specialised in the export of flowers and vegetables from Kenya to multiple destinations including the Netherlands and the UK, and is currently the country’s fourth largest forwarder in terms of air freight export volumes. The merged company will handle around 70,000 tons of perishables air freight per year.”
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: