Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Panzhihua mangoes top the tropical fruit charts
How popular are Panzhihua mangoes exactly? The best proof is the fact that Panzhihua mangoes are being sold virtually everywhere in China. Yanbian county, in its turn, is the main production region for Panzhihua mangoes with a formidable influence all over the country.
The Yangguang Panzhihua mangoes are being sold in no less than 400 Yonghui supermarket stores. Now, after 9 years of effort, Panzhihua mangoes have taken a hold of the markets of East China, South China, Central China, North China, the Northwest, the Southwest and the Northeast areas.
Panzhihua mangoes have already penetrated into the inner circle of Chinese fruit consumption. The high quality of the late ripe mangoes has made Panzhihua into a city with a rich industry and quite a reputation. Someone in the industry explains that a total production volume of 15,000 tons is estimated for the whole city this year. In the coming years, that production will increase by 3 to 5 tons annually. Finally, the scale of production will reach 40 to 50 tons.
In 2008, Panzhihua mangoes made their first 'trip'. Marketing was developed with an event in Hangzhou and afterwards they gradually occupied the Chinese market. The reaction from foreign markets is good too. The purchase orders of Shiruihua Agricultural Development show that the company exported an increasing volume of Panzhihua mangoes to Singapore: 60 tons in 2014, 210 tons in 2015 and no less than 1800 tons this year. For Russia, the sales volume went from 30 tons last year to 1200 tons this year. In a next step, a marketing and sales development is planned towards Beijing, Hong Kong and South Asian Countries such as Pakistan.
At that time, a promotion event 'Golden Mangoes from Yangguang City' was being held in the Yonghui supermarket of Fuzhou. The Kate mangoes, which were 'big with a sweet fragrance', were very popular at that time. During the event when the Panzhihua mangoes hit the market, enterprises, research units, third-party organisations etc. were introduced to the quality of the Panzhihua mangoes. After that, Panzhihua mangoes quickly became a rising star with the development of publicity events.
æ¥ (ä¾) [lÃ¡i]
- to come
- to arrive
- to come round
- ever since
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: