Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Senator Jeff Flake to keynote United Fresh Washington conference
Arizona Senator Jeff Flake will serve as the opening keynote breakfast speaker at the annual United Fresh Washington Conference, Tuesday, September 19. At a time of heightened political uncertainty in Washington, DC, Senator Flake has become an outspoken voice on the need for compromise, civility and commitment to conservative values in our national government. He is the author of a new book “Conscious of a Conservative: A Rejection of Destructive Politics and a Return to Principle,” outlining his call to change the current national dynamic.
“At a time when more Americans than ever are wondering what is going on in Washington, Senator Flake is adding a perspective that’s important to take seriously,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “With so many of our industry’s policy needs being buffeted by polarized arguments from the left and right, or being ignored altogether, Senator Flake offers a level-headed assessment of what’s needed to cut through today’s hyper-partisanship and divisive politics to achieve bipartisan solutions.”
Senator Flake has been a long-time champion of the need for immigration reform, supporting a transition to legal status for current agricultural workers and a new guest worker program to meet the needs of labor-intensive agriculture. He recently published an op-ed in The New York Times that movingly portrayed the value and respect that U.S. growers have for their foreign-born workers. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, he will play a key role in bridging the partisan divide over immigration policy.
Senator Flake has served in the U.S. Senate since 2013. In addition to the Judiciary Committee, he is a member of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee and the Foreign Relations Committee. Prior to his service in the Senate, he served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 2001 to 2013. He is a fifth-generation Arizonan who was raised on a cattle ranch in Snowflake, AZ.
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: