Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Photo report New York Produce show
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
GoGlobal UK office aids European expansion with better communication
Hoping to expand operations, GoGlobal opened an office in the UK just over a year ago, which has allowed them to have a face and a voice in Europe. The office has played a significant role to help expand the companies reach into the UK and Europe.
“We are constantly building our international network and having an office in the UK has been hugely beneficial,” Logistics manager, Dawid Kotze explained.
Tim Cotton is the UK representative for GoGlobal, and has said that from a customer perspective, the office has added significant value by improving communication between the exporter and the importer significantly. Tim says, “A major benefit of this office is that it allows for valuable feedback from the UK and Europe directly to the South African exporter.”
He also said the office brought full visibility to the company from door-to-door, an increasingly important aspect of the modern-day supply chain.
“More than anything today, customers want good communication, and by having an office in the UK we get a far better reach to customers, here in the UK and in Europe. We are then able to feed this back directly to our customers in South Africa," Tim told.
While the majority of the cargo moved is still in the perishable sector, since the opening of the office in the UK, GoGlobal have seen significant growth in other commodities. Tim believes that, despite the important role of technology, face-to-face meetings remain a valuable tool in the logistics industry.
“Many times, companies do not know what solutions they want, or what is available to them, it is through this personal interface, the bespoke and best solution for their particular needs are developed, we deliver the solutions that they need because of our ability to engage around the globe with our customers.”
He said his office had now also been tasked to grow volumes for the company out of the US and Canada.
“The ultimate goal is to assist clients with the best possible logistics solution, no matter where they are in the world. Our extensive investment in IT systems and technology continue to be a driving force, thus allowing us to be innovative, and deliver cost effective solutions, no matter where in the world.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 195 295 1888
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: