Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia aims to realize valuable business at the Pacific Alliance's business roundtable
ProColombia expects that entrepreneurs will realize businesses of more than one million dollars during the Pacific Alliance's business roundtable, being held in the city of Pereira.
This was confirmed by Felipe Jaramillo, director of ProColombia, who said that "that figure will increase significantly during the weeks and months after the roundtable's realization."
The official who heads the entity in charge of promoting tourism, foreign investment, exports and the country's brand highlighted that of the 600 entrepreneurs who participate in the macroregion, more than 200 are Colombians representing the agroindustrial, fashion and services sectors, among others.
"It is a multi-sectorial business roundtable in which we expect that different productive sectors, not only at the national level in Colombia but throughout the Pacific Alliance, will benefit from the opportunity to do business with their Latin American peers and with buyers from other regions of the world Like Asia," he added.
The business roundtable includes Asian buyers coming from Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, China, Korea and Japan, for the first time this year.
One of the Colombian companies in the event is Fruit and Natural, which is dedicated to producing and marketing "fresh fruit and processed fruit, agribusiness in fruit," according to its manager, Carlos Quintero.
"We have tahiti acid lime crops in Tolima and this is the fruit that we export to different countries of the world. We have a plant in Cali, where we do fruit processing, especially soursop and all varieties of tropical fruit," he added.
Although Fruit and Natural already exports to Spain, the United States, Ecuador and Panama, participating in the business roundtable is an opportunity to get "very concrete things" to expand its operation in the world, according to its manager.
"This roundtable with Asia and the Pacific is very interesting, there are very concrete things and the meetings that I have had all been very interesting. We will see what is concluded but all the customers we have talked with are loaded with samples, "he said.
"The expectations are that they know us, as we are pioneers in getting exclusive products that will not be seen by them anywhere else," said manager, Pilar Agudelo.
The event, organized by ProChile, ProColombia, ProMéxico and PromPerú agencies, takes place at the Expofuturo Convention and Exhibition Center in Pereira.
The Pacific Alliance is a regional integration initiative created on April 28, 2011 by Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
The trade block offers competitive advantages to propitiate investment and business in order to move towards the free movement of goods, services, capital and people.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: