Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey introduces new labelling directory for food productsTurkey’s Food, Agriculture, and Livestock Ministry has prepared a labelling directory that explains the definitions and prohibitions that can be used on food labels, in a bid to minimize deceptive labels that mislead consumers.
According to the directory, the words “real” and “genuine” cannot be used on food labels. It will take at least 30 years to call a product “traditional” after its launch. While the “homemade” statement cannot be used for any processed foods, any statements like “with a homemade taste” or “with the touch of a mother’s hand” can be used. “Fresh” can only be used for products that are genuinely fresh.
This definition can be used in labels on fresh fruit salads which are produced only with fresh fruits, fresh milk goods with a very short shelf-life and also for non-pasteurized beer. For pasteurized milk, the statement “pasteurized fresh drinking milk” can be used but for any UHT or sterilized milk “fresh” cannot be used.
Source: Hurriyet Daily News / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: