Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey introduces new labelling directory for food productsTurkey’s Food, Agriculture, and Livestock Ministry has prepared a labelling directory that explains the definitions and prohibitions that can be used on food labels, in a bid to minimize deceptive labels that mislead consumers.
According to the directory, the words “real” and “genuine” cannot be used on food labels. It will take at least 30 years to call a product “traditional” after its launch. While the “homemade” statement cannot be used for any processed foods, any statements like “with a homemade taste” or “with the touch of a mother’s hand” can be used. “Fresh” can only be used for products that are genuinely fresh.
This definition can be used in labels on fresh fruit salads which are produced only with fresh fruits, fresh milk goods with a very short shelf-life and also for non-pasteurized beer. For pasteurized milk, the statement “pasteurized fresh drinking milk” can be used but for any UHT or sterilized milk “fresh” cannot be used.
Source: Hurriyet Daily News / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: