Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cargolux introduces two new destinations in AfricaCargolux Airlines is set to introduce two new destinations in Africa - Douala in Cameroon and Lubumbashi in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Services to Lubumbashi will begin on 15 September while Douala is served as of 3 October.
Lubumbashi is the DRC’s second largest city after the capital Kinshasa and acts as a hub for the country’s mining industry. The city is an important commercial and industrial center and produces food and beverages as well as being home to one of the country’s largest banks.
Douala is Cameroon’s largest city and home to Central Africa’s biggest port. It is the country’s economic and commercial capital, handling most of its exports that include fruits, cocoa and other goods. European countries are the major export and import partners for Cameroon, followed by Asia.
Cargolux sees promising potential for growth in the region. With its own road feeder services, the company is also able to offer fast and efficient connections to Yaoundé, Cameroon’s capital and second- largest city. Import commodities for Cargolux include hi-tech goods, agricultural products and machinery, while export shipments are mainly perishables; fruit and vegetables for European consumers.
Publication date: 8/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: