Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
New option in Brazil during the fruit season
CMA CGM to boost its services on the East Coast of South America and Europe
The CMA CGM Group announced the early implementation of its services between the East Coast of South America and Europe. SAFRAN will make the connection with Northern Europe, while SIRIUS will do the same in the Mediterranean.
The SAFRAN service will start at the port of Rotterdam on September 27, while SIRIUS will debut in Malta on October 6, 2017.
Through the SAFRAN service, CMA CGM seeks to offer a faster service to its customers, in addition to scheduled calls at the port of Pecém, that will allow it to offer a new option in addition to those already in place in northern Brazil during the fruit season.
The service includes calls as detailed: Rotterdam - London - Hamburg - Antwerp - Havre - Algeciras - Santos - Paranagua - Buenos Aires - Montevideo - Itapoa - Paranagua - Santos - Pecém - Tangier. The new Sirius service will connect Ports on the east coast of South America with the ports of the eastern Mediterranean, North Africa, the Adriatic Sea and the Indian subcontinent through its hub in Malta.
The CMA CGM Group, through Sirius, will also improve its port coverage with the addition of the port of Algeciras, granting a quick transit time from Asian ports via transhipment.
The service will have landings in Malta - Genoa - Barcelona - Valencia - Algeciras - Salvador - Itaguai - Santos - Itapoa - Buenos Aires - Rio Grande - Itajaí - Itapoa - Santos - Itaguai - Tangier - Algeciras.
It should be noted that CMA CGM will supply 3 of the 8 ships in the Sirius service.
In having both services CMA CGM, seeks to increase its capacity and strengthen its presence on the east coast of South America, where it has already achieved a reputation, after reaching an agreement with Maersk to take control of Mercosul, a shipping company that carries out cabotage tasks in Brazil.
Publication date: 8/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: