Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Organic cherry product recalled after possible listeria contaminationOut of an abundance of caution, SunOpta Incís subsidiary, Sunrise Growers, has issued a voluntary recall of certain frozen organic dark sweet pitted cherry products due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Lysteria monocytogenes is a bacterium which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
This recall includes certain frozen organic dark sweet pitted cherry products distributed from Sunrise Growerís facility in Edwardsville, Kansas on August 10, 2017. The issue was discovered during routine testing by Sunrise Growers. No illnesses related to the consumption of these products have been reported.
Ninety cases of Great Value Organic Dark Sweet Pitted Cherry products are being recalled. The products are packaged in 32 ounce printed plastic zip top bags and marked with a Best By Date of 08/10/19 on the back of the bag. The UPC code is 078742126166 and the lot code is FED722211 or FED722212.
These recalled products were distributed to a customer distribution centre in Louisiana and may have been redistributed to stores in Louisiana and Mississippi. The affected retail customer has been notified of this recall and instructed to remove any recalled product from retail store shelves and inventories.
Consumers are urged not to consume these products. Consumers who purchased these products may take them back to the store where they purchased them for a refund or simply discard them.
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
For more information:
Tel: +1 800 854 1988
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: