Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada opens its market to Indian bananas and mangoesCanada has opened its markets to Indian fruits and vegetables such as banana, mango, pomegranate, custard apple and okra.
The Agricultural & Processed Foods Exports Development Authority (APEDA), in an advisory to exporters, conveyed Canada’s decision on opening its doors to Indian vegetables and fruits, asking them to tap the North American market.
The shipments will be subject to general phytosanitary import requirements and inspections by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
The decision could help revive India’s sagging agri and processed food exports to Canada, which came down to USD $130,763,866 in 2016-17 from around $163,220,768 in 2014-15. Fresh vegetable exports to Canada account for $5,617,540, while fresh fruit shipments, including grapes, stood at $2,137,786 in 2016-17.
India’s agri and processed-food exports rose by around 7 per cent in the April-June quarter to $4,419,132,096 over the corresponding year-ago quarter’s $4,139,035,270.
Read more at thehindubusinessline.com
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: