Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada opens its market to Indian bananas and mangoesCanada has opened its markets to Indian fruits and vegetables such as banana, mango, pomegranate, custard apple and okra.
The Agricultural & Processed Foods Exports Development Authority (APEDA), in an advisory to exporters, conveyed Canada’s decision on opening its doors to Indian vegetables and fruits, asking them to tap the North American market.
The shipments will be subject to general phytosanitary import requirements and inspections by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
The decision could help revive India’s sagging agri and processed food exports to Canada, which came down to USD $130,763,866 in 2016-17 from around $163,220,768 in 2014-15. Fresh vegetable exports to Canada account for $5,617,540, while fresh fruit shipments, including grapes, stood at $2,137,786 in 2016-17.
India’s agri and processed-food exports rose by around 7 per cent in the April-June quarter to $4,419,132,096 over the corresponding year-ago quarter’s $4,139,035,270.
Read more at thehindubusinessline.com
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: