Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Reefer service between Qatar and Turkey launchedMilaha has launched the first direct reefer service between Qatar and Turkey. Over the past few weeks, the Qatar-based maritime transport and logistics conglomerate had arranged two ad hoc voyages of reefer vessels from Turkey to Qatar.
The company has moved to regularise the service, with departures every 20-25 days between Hamad Port and Port of Izmir, with a short transit time of 11 days.
The new service will be initially operated with one vessel with a capacity of over 5,000 tonnes per voyage, and will cater mainly to temperature-controlled cargo and breakbulk, with the option of adding containers upon request.
On the launch of the new service, Milaha’s President and CEO Abdulrahman Essa al-Mannai said, “Trade volumes between Qatar and Turkey have significantly increased over the past few months, and we are launching this service as a cost-effective and efficient solution for this growing demand. This service perfectly complements our existing services, and will further enhance connectivity and facilitate trade between Qatari, Arabian Gulf, and Turkish importers and exporters.”
Publication date: 8/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: