Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Greenhouse vegetable harvest up by almost 25% compared to 2016
As of the 21st of August, the harvest of greenhouse vegetables in Russia has grown by 24.2% compared to the same period in 2016 and amounted to 550.5 thousand tonnes, as reported by the Ministry of Agriculture.
The pickle harvest has been 18.4% greater and reached 381.5 thousand tonnes, while that of tomatoes stands at 160.3 thousand tonnes, which is 48% more than last year. The yield of other vegetable crops, however, has fallen by 32.6% and amounted to 8.7 thousand tonnes.
The leaders in the production of greenhouse vegetables in agricultural organizations and farms were Krasnodar Territory, with 70.2 thousand tonnes, Stavropol Territory, with 44.2 thousand tonnes, the Republic of Tatarstan, with 34.2 thousand tonnes, the Republic of Bashkortostan, with 30.3 thousand tonnes and the Karachay-Cherkess Republic, with 28.1 thousand tonnes.
Publication date: 8/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: