Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Greenhouse vegetable harvest up by almost 25% compared to 2016
As of the 21st of August, the harvest of greenhouse vegetables in Russia has grown by 24.2% compared to the same period in 2016 and amounted to 550.5 thousand tonnes, as reported by the Ministry of Agriculture.
The pickle harvest has been 18.4% greater and reached 381.5 thousand tonnes, while that of tomatoes stands at 160.3 thousand tonnes, which is 48% more than last year. The yield of other vegetable crops, however, has fallen by 32.6% and amounted to 8.7 thousand tonnes.
The leaders in the production of greenhouse vegetables in agricultural organizations and farms were Krasnodar Territory, with 70.2 thousand tonnes, Stavropol Territory, with 44.2 thousand tonnes, the Republic of Tatarstan, with 34.2 thousand tonnes, the Republic of Bashkortostan, with 30.3 thousand tonnes and the Karachay-Cherkess Republic, with 28.1 thousand tonnes.
Publication date: 8/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: