Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
California Giant promotes Back to School with “College” edition e-book
California Giant Berry Farms has been promoting Back to School themed promotions for several years, but this year added a new element targeting an un-tapped audience. Young adults going off to college for the first time or going back to school this fall will benefit from a College Edition themed promotion and sweepstakes to help them eat healthy, even those living in a dorm.
As so many young adults get settled into their college lifestyle, the first thing they need when starting a new semester is food. Buying groceries may be a new experience for some and trying to eat healthy is tricky on a limited budget, so California Giant hopes to entice young adults with both an e-book chock full of easy-to-make food ideas and hacks, as well as giving away two $150 Visa gift cards and one $500 Visa gift card in a sweepstakes. “This hits home even in my family as two of my grandsons head to college this fall and neither has done grocery shopping much on their own. Both are student athletes and need to eat healthy so I will be arming them with the e-book”, says Cindy Jewell, VP of Marketing.
For years the company’s focus has been on busy moms packing lunches and rushing through the morning ritual of getting their school age kids out the front door every morning just in time to catch the bus or get in the car for that drop off at the school curb. This is still a very important audience to California Giant that will also benefit from a custom e-book full of new ideas and recipes to help busy families on the go.
The new Fresh Start: College Edition will help young adults between 18-25 that are trying to figure out how to stay healthy on a budget and learn to shop on their own. Early findings conducted through targeted ads on social media revealed that this audience is clearly food shopping on a weekly basis and is brand savvy. The sweepstakes will help to build California Giant’s database of this valuable consumer to better support their future shopping behavior and win their brand loyalty. The promotion will be supported by social media advertising, email marketing, and two e-book offers launched August 16 and will run through September 30, 2017.
Click here to enter for the sweepstakes and download your free copy of the book.
California Giant Berry Farms
Tel. (831) 728-1773
Publication date: 8/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: