Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
Key Technology will introduce its VERYX family of digital sorters to the Middle East food processing industry at the Gulfood Manufacturing trade show being held in Dubai from 31 October to 2 November, 2017.
The VERYX B175 will be exhibited with Key’s representative, Al Thika Packaging, in stand #C1-4, Hall 1. Featuring advanced inspection technology and object-based recognition, VERYX sorters help with the removal of foreign material (FM) and product defects based on the colors, sizes, shapes and/or structural properties of objects while minimizing false rejects to improve product quality and increase yields.
"With belt-fed and chute-fed configurations available in various widths, VERYX handles a range of products and production throughputs. It is ideal for sorting dates and other dried fruits, potato chips and other snacks, nuts, leafy greens, fresh cut and frozen fruits and vegetables, wet and frozen potato strips, confections and other foods," Key Technology described in a release.
The inspection width of every VERYX sorter is 10-15 percent wider than comparatively sized sorters, which enables higher throughputs within a similar footprint and better singulation of product to improve sorting accuracy the company claims.
For food processors that require all-sided surface inspection, Key can configure belt-fed VERYX with top-and-bottom mounted sensors and chute-fed VERYX with front-and-back mounted sensors to achieve a full view of each object in the product stream with no blind spots.
Key Technology claims their belt-fed VERYX is the only sorter on the market that positions bottom sensors away from product splatter, which ensures lower sensor windows are not obstructed by contamination build-up over time to sustain 100 percent surface inspection throughout the production cycle.
VERYX also has the multi-sensor Pixel Fusion. This feature combines pixel-level input from multiple cameras and laser sensors sharing the same line of sight to more clearly differentiate good product, defects and FM. With Pixel Fusion, VERYX removes the difficult-to-detect FM and defects without false rejects.
For more information:
Karel Van Velthoven
Tel: +32 (0) 11 24 91 91
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: