Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic ag sector in Italy grows by 20%Italy's organic agriculture sector is seeing strong growth with a 20% increase in cultivation last year, reports Ansa.
According to Sistema d’Informazione Nazionale sull’Agricoltura Biologica, Italy's organisation for organic agriculture information, the number of farms cultivated through organic methods in Italy reached 1.79 million in 2016, compared to 1.5 million in 2015.
Last year, more than 300,000 hectares of land were converted to organic farming, while the number of operators rose to 72,154 (+20.3%).
Italy’s agriculture minister, Maurizio Martina, said that the Italian agricultural model is “one of the most sustainable in Europe".
Among the crops registering the highest level of growth in the organic sector are vegetables (+48.9%), cereals (+32.6%), grapes (+23.8%) and olives (+23.7%).
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: