Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic ag sector in Italy grows by 20%Italy's organic agriculture sector is seeing strong growth with a 20% increase in cultivation last year, reports Ansa.
According to Sistema d’Informazione Nazionale sull’Agricoltura Biologica, Italy's organisation for organic agriculture information, the number of farms cultivated through organic methods in Italy reached 1.79 million in 2016, compared to 1.5 million in 2015.
Last year, more than 300,000 hectares of land were converted to organic farming, while the number of operators rose to 72,154 (+20.3%).
Italy’s agriculture minister, Maurizio Martina, said that the Italian agricultural model is “one of the most sustainable in Europe".
Among the crops registering the highest level of growth in the organic sector are vegetables (+48.9%), cereals (+32.6%), grapes (+23.8%) and olives (+23.7%).
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: