Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkish Cargo adds Johannesburg & Madagascar to networkTurkish Cargo has launched its scheduled cargo flights to Johannesburg, the biggest industrial and commercial center in South Africa, and to Madagascar, the largest island of the Vanilla Islands, on July 1.
The cargo carrier’s plan to start services from Johannesburg is to tap the export markets in the European countries and America. The products exported from South Africa generally consist of machinery, electrical - electronic equipment, chemicals and automotive parts, and such products are mainly exported by air cargo and currently carried by passenger flights operated by Turkish Airlines.
The eastern coastal city of Madagascar also exports a wide range of goods mainly vanilla, tropical fruits and textile products to European and American countries, while live crabs and sea products are transported to the Far East from Madagascar.
The cargo flights, to be initiated to both destinations by Turkish Cargo, will allow diversification in terms of variety of products transported.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: