Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Galilee International Management Institute, Palestinian-Israeli Cooperation:
Palestinian agronomists receive training on avocado productionA group of Palestinian agronomists and agricultural engineers recently completed training in avocado cultivation. The avocado was chosen because of the ever increasing global demand for avocado, which is considered "green gold". The purpose was to improve the avocado crop of the Palestinian territories, as the terrain is very similar to that in Israel and the West Bank. The participants toured the avocado plantations in the north and met with Israeli growers.
The Palestinian participants came from the areas of Hebron, Qalqiliya, Tibas and Jenin. Some of them already grow avocados for export to Arab countries. During the studies, the desire was expressed for cooperation with Israeli growers to enable the export of "Palestinian avocados" to Europe. About 40% of the participants were women, most of them agricultural entrepreneurs with a particular interest in avocado growing.
Prof. Yair Hirshfeld, one of the initiators of the Oslo process, lectured during the programme on possibilities for cooperation in agriculture and their implications for the peace process.
The programme was delivered via combined funding from The Middle East and the Peace Process Department at the Israeli Foreign Ministry, in cooperation with the European Union (through ECF) and Galilee International Management Institute.
For more information:
Tel: +972 4642 8888
Fax: +972 46514811
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: