Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Early harvest thanks to controlled blueberry production"
"The main Chinese blueberry production areas are on the coast of the Yellow Sea, Dongbei and Yunnan. Our blueberry supply period is from April until July. This year's price is similar to last year's. Because the production quantity has increased, our sales have doubled," says Mr. Zhang Weiguo from Jiangsu Richland Group Co., Ltd.
Blueberry processing facility
"Our company is located in the Ganyu District of Lianyungang, Jiangsu, at 35° northern latitude. It is the most southern area of the coast of the Yellow Sea. In 2010, we started tree planting. By 10 June 2017, we had ten large scale plantations, with a total of 600 hectares (6000 mu). The main breeds that we work with are Duke, Bluecrop, Brigitta, and Legacy. All of our excellent blueberries are sold under our famous brand "Bluebaby". They are sold through traditional sales channels to supermarkets, e-commerce platforms and fruit stores in almost 20 middle and large scale cities in China."
Large blueberry production site
Employees sorting blueberries
"Our plantations are located by one of the country's drinking water reservoirs. We are using Israeli technology to manage our harvest throughout the entire plantation, to make sure that the trees are irrigated enough every day. This means that our trees are not influenced a lot by the weather. From 2015, we have worked to establish greenhouses, so we can advance the fruiting season of blueberries to the beginning of April. We currently have already established around 100 hectares (1000 mu) of greenhouses."
The blueberry brand "Bluebaby"
"For years, we have been working together with research institutes, such as the Jingnan Fruit Research Institute and the Nanjing Forestry University. Simultaneously, we are doing research on practical technologies, for example, to keep blueberries fresh in storage, and to breed new varieties of blueberries."
The public picking blueberries
"Currently, we mainly sell fresh and frozen blueberries. In order to continue advancing the fruiting season at our plantations, by the end of 2016, we have invested 100 million yuan to launch the "Blueberry Production Line Program". This program includes blueberry juicing, packaging, blueberry powder production, anthocyanin extraction, and anthocyanin supplements. After establishing this program, we will be able to provide even more products, such as blueberry juice, blueberry drinks, dried blueberries, and anthocyanin extracts. This will raise the added value of fresh blueberries, increase our competitiveness in the industry, and help us to reach our strategic goals in the blueberry supply chain."
Company: Jiangsu Richland Group Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 518 8698 3333
Phone: +86 137 5085 5088
Phone: +86 137 5085 5088
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: