Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Magdalena exports 12,040 boxes of bananas per hectare planted
The numbers are looking good for the banana sector in Magdalena. According to the annual report of the Colombian Banana Association, Augura, this Department exported more than 27 million boxes of bananas last year, i.e. an average of 12,040 boxes per hectare planted.
The manager of Augura in Magdalena, Elkin Valencia Ospina, confirmed this and stated that this sector of the productive economy continued to be a protagonist in the generation of labor in the region.
"This reflects a significant increase compared to previous years. There is no doubt that Magdalena's banana production has been consolidating strongly. There are new areas in production and more are being sown. Small, medium, and big sized entrepreneurs are betting on this activity that is generating employment and profits for the Department," said Valencia Ospina.
Magdalena has more than 12 thousand hectares of bananas planted, which generates labor alternatives for an average of ten thousand people who live on the tasks related to this activity.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: