Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Magdalena exports 12,040 boxes of bananas per hectare planted
The numbers are looking good for the banana sector in Magdalena. According to the annual report of the Colombian Banana Association, Augura, this Department exported more than 27 million boxes of bananas last year, i.e. an average of 12,040 boxes per hectare planted.
The manager of Augura in Magdalena, Elkin Valencia Ospina, confirmed this and stated that this sector of the productive economy continued to be a protagonist in the generation of labor in the region.
"This reflects a significant increase compared to previous years. There is no doubt that Magdalena's banana production has been consolidating strongly. There are new areas in production and more are being sown. Small, medium, and big sized entrepreneurs are betting on this activity that is generating employment and profits for the Department," said Valencia Ospina.
Magdalena has more than 12 thousand hectares of bananas planted, which generates labor alternatives for an average of ten thousand people who live on the tasks related to this activity.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: