Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Magdalena exports 12,040 boxes of bananas per hectare planted
The numbers are looking good for the banana sector in Magdalena. According to the annual report of the Colombian Banana Association, Augura, this Department exported more than 27 million boxes of bananas last year, i.e. an average of 12,040 boxes per hectare planted.
The manager of Augura in Magdalena, Elkin Valencia Ospina, confirmed this and stated that this sector of the productive economy continued to be a protagonist in the generation of labor in the region.
"This reflects a significant increase compared to previous years. There is no doubt that Magdalena's banana production has been consolidating strongly. There are new areas in production and more are being sown. Small, medium, and big sized entrepreneurs are betting on this activity that is generating employment and profits for the Department," said Valencia Ospina.
Magdalena has more than 12 thousand hectares of bananas planted, which generates labor alternatives for an average of ten thousand people who live on the tasks related to this activity.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: