Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
PMA organizes Fresh Connections Brazil on August 24
Leaders from the fresh produce industry will convene in São Paulo, Brazil, August 24 for Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Fresh Connections: Brazil. The event features networking, powerful education sessions, and – new this year – a full-day exposition of products and services. Register in advance by August 18 to save. On-site registration will be available.
The fourth-annual event connects participants to insights, ideas and individuals who can help grow business in South America. Participants will include Brazilian growers, exporters, retailers, and business service providers operating in their domestic market, as well as importers and international exporters doing business in South America. The event is becoming more popular with exporters to Brazil from Europe, Chile, Argentina and Peru, and international buyers scheduling visits to growers.
At least 28 companies are registered to participate in the exposition, which features growers and service providers such as Agricola Famosa, Itaueira, Benafrutti, Sakata, Berry Good, Estaçã Sabor Brazil, Trebeschi, Froctus Doce Mel, Rijk Zwaan, Paripassu, Vegetais Saudáveis and more.
One of the international exhibitors is VLAM, Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board based in Brussels, which promotes – among other products – Flemish fresh fruit and vegetable suppliers that export to Brazil and other parts of South America.
In addition to helping attendees make connections with potential in-country contacts, the conference includes education sessions on consumer and retail trends, and practical advice on ways to increase fresh fruit and vegetable consumption to drive profits.
Education sessions for Fresh Connections: Brazil include:
- Consumer Trends: Maintain Consumer Demand Despite Brazil’s Economy – Participants will learn about global and local consumer trends and how companies are responding to these trends. Speaker Sally Lyons Wyatt, Executive Vice President & Practice Leader, IRI Worldwide, will lead this education session. She is a frequent speaker and thought leader in the consumer packaged-goods field.
- Retail Trends: Who Are Your Consumers? Differentiate Your Product for Each Retail Channel – Participants will learn ways to differentiate products for each retail channel, as well as how to increase sales by meeting customer needs. Walquyria Majeviki, Chief Operating Officer, Hortifruti, will participate in this session.
- Increase Consumption: Start Selling Benefits! – Learn ways to increase sales and consumption by creating promotions focused on freshness, taste and other attributes instead of price. Panelists include Luiz Claudio Haas Mendonça, Commercial General Manager, Grupo Pão de Acucar and Lívia Machado, Director of Projects and Marketing, ABCS.
A registration form, in English and Portuguese, is available at pma.com.
Tel: +1 (302) 607-2102
Valeska de Oliveira
PMA Brazil Representative
Tel: +55 11 3522 7348
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: