Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New German programme to tackle food wasteEntrepreneur Raphael Fellmer, co-founder of Foodsharing.de, a group dedicated to using food that would otherwise be thrown out, has launched SirPlus, a new programme developed to tackle food waste, according to the Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft, Germany’s federal agency for food and agriculture.
The start-up was developed by Fellmer with the help of two friends, and plans to sell food that does not comply with bigger retailers’ standards. The food is collected from farmers and producers, as well as wholesalers and retailers.
At a food outlet in the city of Berlin, consumers can now buy surplus, expired and deformed groceries for up to 70% less than the price at usual stores.
In addition to the store in Berlin, SirPlus has also launched an online shop, where the saved groceries can be ordered and delivered to consumers throughout Germany. In a crowd funding campaign, SirPlus raised over €50,000 in three weeks, reaching its first funding target.
“We are thankful that our innovative concept was received this well and that it appeals to our partners, the consumers and the media,” said Fellmer.
Source: European Supermarket Magazine
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: