Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
New compact electric/solar tractor for small farms
The new dual electric or solar powered Compact Tractor is built to be used on sustainable small farms. “This environmentally friendly tractor is the answer for many issues the small farmer is facing today,” says William Kanitz with ScoringAg. It is only 40 inches / 100.62 cm wide with front and/or rear hitches and can have a set of optional pusher bars.
Unique about this tractor is that it has zero pollution and requires no oil changes, no warm-up time with plenty of power and a set of lights and reflectors for working early mornings or late evenings or spraying at night.
“Driven by an 18-horse-power, 36 volt electric fan-cooled drive motor, these tractors are work horses,” said Kanitz. “A brilliant addition to the electric tractor is the on-board, three-bank smart charger that helps prolong battery life. There is even an option for solar charging the batteries.” For about a dime’s worth of local electricity, just plug it in and be fully charged in about eight to ten hours. The 6 heavy-duty, 6-volt deep cycle marine-type batteries weight is balanced on the tow tractor frame for maximum traction in rough soils. For food safety concerns, the tractor can be sanitized and wiped down to prevent plant disease migration and prevent foodborne pathogens.
Available attachments for farming needs, soil preparation, planting, cultivating and plant spraying cover some of the many chores of a small farm operation. An attached hand tool storage rack makes the job easier too.
The Tractor weighs just at 930 pounds, or about 415 kilograms including the heavy-duty batteries.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: