Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
International Paper and de Jong Verpakking announce marketing cooperation
International Paper and de Jong Verpakking announced today that the companies have entered into a marketing cooperation agreement. The companies agreed to consider jointly bidding for the supply of corrugated fruit & vegetables packaging to the pan-European retail segment in cases where each of them objectively would not be able to service a particular tender on its own.
“The new cooperation will allow our two companies to further enhance our value proposition by better responding to the specific needs of pan-European retailers”, said Eric Chartrain, Vice President & General Manager of International Paper’s corrugated packaging business in EMEA. “We believe that this agreement will allow us to offer customers in this segment better choices of innovative corrugated packaging for fruit & vegetables.”
“Our two companies are experts in fresh fruit & vegetables packaging with complementary geographic span, and we are excited to be able to offer pan-European retailers an optimized solution that will help improve their logistical chain”, said Ad Smit, CEO of the De Jong Packaging Group.
The two packaging manufacturers will continue to operate as independent companies. The marketing cooperation agreement does not apply to areas other than certain tenders for pan-European supply of corrugated fruit & vegetables packaging.
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)2 774 1211
Ronald de Wildt
De Jong Verpakking
Tel: +31 (0)186 573990
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: