Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Interko beats energy-efficiency target for new ripening room fanInterko, a ripening room specialist has announced that the company has met its goal in reducing operation costs by beating its energy efficiency target set for its range of REVERSO fans.
“At every single site where we installed our REVERSO fans the energy consumption was less than the 100 watts of electricity per pallet at full airflow that we promised,” exclaims Chris Maat, the Managing Partner of Interko.
“For some clients, the output was as much as 20% lower – so the fans were using as little as 80 watts per pallet, which is incredibly low.”
The company also claims that the fans show an increase in ripening quality in produce as well.
“It’s like driving a car,” Chris explains. “You use up a lot of energy when you accelerate and brake abruptly and it’s not a nice experience for the passengers.
“Ripening room fans operate under the same principle – if they use less energy, they heat up the air in the room less so you don’t need to cool down the temperature as much. That means better air quality and a gentler environment for the fruit.”
For more information:
Chris Maat / Anna Zegveld
Tel: +31 (0)79 593 2581
Publication date: 7/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: