Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
Mahmoud Osman, manager of Fruitlink
Egypt: "We have the honor of being the first ones to send our mangoes to Russia"
Egyptian mango production has increased in recent years, from nearly 40,000 tons in 2015 to 48,000 tons in 2016. "We estimate that in recent years this volume has been growing by an average of nearly 10% per year, depending on the weather," stated Ayman Bayoumy, Export Manager of Fruitlink. This has driven Egypt's need to open up new markets and establish new trade relations with countries such as Russia, the Gulf countries, and various European countries.
This Egyptian company has its own production of mango, in which they cultivate the Kieth, Tommy, Fagr Kelan, and Naomy varieties. They also market the production of nearby farms, which cultivate these and other varieties to a lesser extent, always under the required standards of Global GAP.
Of the 8,500 tons that Fruitlink markets, 75% are exported to Europe (25%), Russia (18%), Saudi Arabia (17%), Jordan (14%). In these destinations mangos are being marketed for 1.30 to 1.50 dollars per kilo, FOB price. "In recent years the price of this product has increased slightly," said Bayoumy. Factors such as the rise in oil, which has increased transport costs by 50%, and the devaluation of the Egyptian Pound are factors that should always be taken into account in international trade, he stated.
For more information:
Mr. Mahmoud Osman , Managing Director
Mr. Ayman Bayoumy , Export Manager
Fruit Link CO.
Gesr Al Suez, El Nozha
Tlf.: +20 1115554553
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: