Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentine exporters may charge in dollars
Beginning this July, Argentine exporters can sell their services abroad and charge in dollars, and they can receive dollar payments directly without having to change them to pesos, as they had to do up until June.
"International trade and the financial situation of the exporters have to be aligned," Enrique Mantilla, president of the Chamber of Exporters of the Argentine Republic (CERA), told the news agency Telam.
He also said that "there are other issues that need to be resolved, which are financial constraints that ultimately are also restrictions on foreign trade."
In that sense, the president of the Association of Importers and Exporters (AIERA), Juan Carlos Pereyra, said that the current policy benefitted exporters because they can now get dollars directly.
On May 19, the Central Bank of Argentina issued a statement setting forth the new rules that regulate the Single and Free of Charges Market, which incorporated the possibility of direct accreditation for transfers from abroad, in the case of exports of Services, a measure that has been implemented for a week.
Publication date: 7/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: