Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentine exporters may charge in dollars
Beginning this July, Argentine exporters can sell their services abroad and charge in dollars, and they can receive dollar payments directly without having to change them to pesos, as they had to do up until June.
"International trade and the financial situation of the exporters have to be aligned," Enrique Mantilla, president of the Chamber of Exporters of the Argentine Republic (CERA), told the news agency Telam.
He also said that "there are other issues that need to be resolved, which are financial constraints that ultimately are also restrictions on foreign trade."
In that sense, the president of the Association of Importers and Exporters (AIERA), Juan Carlos Pereyra, said that the current policy benefitted exporters because they can now get dollars directly.
On May 19, the Central Bank of Argentina issued a statement setting forth the new rules that regulate the Single and Free of Charges Market, which incorporated the possibility of direct accreditation for transfers from abroad, in the case of exports of Services, a measure that has been implemented for a week.
Publication date: 7/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: