Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
- AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
Exchange ratesmore »
Promotion of team members
Rainier Fruit expands Business Development team
In the thick of blueberry and cherry season, Rainier Fruit is continuing their forward momentum with the announcement of new hire, Jeff Weidner as Director of Warehouse and Grower Relations, as well as the promotion of 5 sales and business development team members.
Weidner joined the Rainier team on July 3 and will be responsible for building closer relationships with all grower partners and shipping facilities to create a seamless and efficient supply change that meets the needs of dynamic customer expectations.
As an industry leader, Rainier Fruit is no stranger to growth with a constant focus on customer service and in addition to the new hire also recognized valued team members with changes in titles and responsibilities. New role changes include Randy Abhold now EVP of Sales & Business Development; Andy Tudor now VP of Business Development; Blake Belknap now Director of Domestic Sales; Troy Howard now Director of Export Sales and Shane Zeutenhorst now Director of Foodservice Sales.
“As for Weidner, he joins a notable team, but comes with an impressive industry resume of his own and 39 years of experience,” remarked Randy Abhold, EVP of Sales & Business Development for Rainier Fruit. “Weidner has worked with notable industry competitors including L&M and First Fruits Marketing where he recently served as Production Manager and Marketing Coordinator.”
“The business of customer service and the supply chain continues to evolve and it is dynamic in its need to not only serve the customer, but also deliver peak returns to growers,” said Abhold. “Having Jeff on board, as well as a focused sales team allows us to create a more cohesive and transparent system that helps us react quickly to changing customer needs.” Abhold continued, “Jeff’s experience in the industry and knowledge of customer and grower expectations will allow for swift changes when needed.”
When asked what drew him to Rainier Fruit, Weidner remarked, “Rainier is not only an industry leader, but they have a winning culture that is known for making things happen. That is an exciting combination to be a part of when you have the tools necessary to succeed and you can expand the dialogue with each customer about what we can do for them. There are no cookie cutter answers when delivering best in class service and high quality apples, pears, cherries and blueberries.”
In addition to his long-time work in the apple industry, Weidner is a family man and outdoorsman who loves spending time with his wife, daughter and two grandchildren while he makes time to hike and camp.
Rainier Fruit Company
Publication date: 7/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: