- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Raspberry prices drop by 1/3 in Ukraine
"Several factors have caused the decrease in prices. First of all, this year, the harvest from new plantings of raspberries has been collected, which, led to an increase of supply. Secondly, due to the cool spring, there was a shift in the ripening terms of early raspberries, which means that, in fact, early and mediocre varieties began to give harvest almost simultaneously, which is why prices are now experiencing significant pressure. In addition, the demand from processors is still rather low, processing companies are going to start collecting raspberries only in August and currently are fully focused on cherries." said Tetiana Getman from Info-Shuvar.
Growers have been lamenting that, despite the lower prices, raspberry demand in the domestic market is still weak. However, export prices for good quality raspberries have been reasonable and remained relatively stable.
The spring frosts have caused a shortage of cherries and strawberries in the Ukraine and neighbouring countries for freezing. It's expected that raspberries might be able to fill the gap that processors are struggling to fill.
"Traders sending the produce on to Belarus have been buying Ukrainian raspberries at €1.02-1.18/ kg. Current prices in the Polish market are pretty much the same as Ukrainian raspberries, €1.00-1.20 / kg, which has slowed down exports." concluded Getman.
For more information:
Tel: +38 (093) 719-92-74
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2018 "Colorado has an enviable position in the peach market"
- 08/31/2018 Stone fruit annual report
- 08/30/2018 Hot summer throws Northwest organic berry market into a spin
- 08/30/2018 Mexico: Blueberry producers want to diversify markets
- 08/29/2018 Record year for California strawberries tempered by market & labor
- 08/29/2018 Argentina: Producers lose 1 M$ due to a drop in blueberry export refunds
- 08/28/2018 Argentina: China to send inspectors to cherry farms and packing facilities
- 08/28/2018 BC blueberries end strong season
- 08/27/2018 Chile debates the future of the blueberry
- 08/27/2018 "Nectarine prices have been most affected by the great shortage"
- 08/24/2018 Stone Fruit report Germany 2018
- 08/24/2018 Chile analyzes the challenges of grapes, cherries, and blueberries
- 08/23/2018 Plumcots, apriums and pluots
- 08/23/2018 Japan - 2018 Stone Fruit Annual
- 08/22/2018 Chile: Despite super harvest cherry producers can't cover their costs
- 08/22/2018 Australia: Stone Fruit Annual Figures
- 08/21/2018 Chile: Grapes, blueberries, and cherries at the PMA Breakfast Seminar
- 08/21/2018 Maine's wild blueberry industry at crossroads
- 08/20/2018 Chile stone fruit – MY2017/18
- 08/20/2018 "The lack of fruit is not reflected in the prices; the supply is too atomised"