Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China looks to import pineapples from Costa RicaChina wants to include Costa Rican pineapples in their market. It is not something new as Costa Rica stands out as one of the best producers of this fruit around the world. The news was announced by the Costa Rica’s Ministry of Foreign Trade who made the news public about the new agreement with China. The pineapple export will open gates to more employment and the possible necessity of learning Mandarin Chinese very soon.
The talks began in 2010 when Costa Rica expressed interest in exporting the citrus fruit to China. Nowadays, there are more than 15 companies keen on the exportation plan. They will be sitting down with the Chinese on a regular basis in the quest of more negotiations and constant importation flow. The Chinese have given the nod to the project as they consider Costa Rica to be a reliable exporter of goods and an excellent fruit producer under a sustainable system.
China, however, has been evaluating the process of growing and fruit packing utilized by Costa Ricans. Since 2010, China has been sending commissioners to Costa Rica in order to oversee the management of Costa Rican pineapple producers. The inspection has turned out to be positive for both countries since Costa Rica was shown to be technologically advanced and logistically well organized to kick off the new negotiations.
With the completion of this new agreement, Costa Rica has big chances of developing the pineapple industry. The country is already a big producer and exporter of tropical fruits such as papaya, guava and other products like cocoa. Now, it is time to make a big stride by exporting to one of the giant importers and exporters worldwide, China.
Read more at thecostaaricanews.com
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: