Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria is one of the leading suppliers of dehydrated ginger worldwide
Nigeria is the leading producer of ginger on the African continent. The region of Kaduna is the main producer in the country with 80% of the total production. Nigeria produces about 160,000 tons of ginger a year, most of which is exported. "We have the capacity to export 60 to 100 tons, depending on the year, the weather, and demand," said Clement Pada, CEO of Dais Farm Exports.
Currently, the markets that are the most interested in dehydrated Nigerian ginger are Europe, America, and Canada. The value of this product ranges from 3 to 1.5 dollars, depending on demand and the volume of production, which has been stable in recent years. "The market situation is very good at the moment. Nigerian exporters are happy and many European and American countries are praising our products," said Pada, who also added that the country's exports and imports were growing significantly.
For more information:
Dais Farm Exports
Telf.: +234 7031970126
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: