Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Creation of Primaflor UK
"We can now supply 100% British products to UK chains"
Primaflor, a Spanish company based in Almería and specialist in the production of leafy vegetables, salads and other fresh cut products, has officially presented its Primaflor UK division at the London Produce Show.
After more than 30 years working with supermarket chains in the United Kingdom, its main market by far outside the Spanish borders, the company has definitely established itself in this country with the opening of its own offices, its own production and facilities for the handling and packaging of the products.
"Now, with Primaflor UK, we'll control 100% of the marketing chain and the product traceability after three campaigns producing vegetables in the UK," explains Cecilio Peregrín, corporate director of Primaflor.
After this strong investment, the Spanish company now provides British retailers with a solution catering to their preference for local produce, while guaranteeing uninterrupted marketing all year round.
"Until now, even though we have extended our campaigns in Spain by starting earlier and finishing the harvest later (thanks to varietal development and cultivation techniques resulting from years of experience), British supermarkets have always preferred their own productions as soon as they became available, and their production schedule, like ours, has also expanded, which means that our export window has been gradually becoming smaller," explains Cecilio Peregrín.
"Now we can continue working with the UK's large retailers, because we have 100% British products. Since we started this project, we have been exchanging knowledge with British growers in order to adapt our product range to the climatic conditions of the United Kingdom."
While in Spain the company has 52 product references, in the United Kingdom they can already cultivate 15 products with the same quality as in Spain, as is the case of Pak choi, an Asian vegetable of which they produce around 5 million kilos Per year.
"With the opening of Primaflor UK, we have consolidated a fruitful business with our British clients and laid the foundation for a very promising future," points out Cecilio Peregrín.
Primaflor exports to most European markets, shipping also considerable volumes to the countries of the Persian Gulf and, increasingly, to Canada.
For more information:
C/ La Estación, 2
04640 Pulp, Almeria. Spain
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: